[SunRescue] Re: OT: Good source for wire shelving...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 18 01:35:17 CDT 2000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 10:52:24PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
> I have some orangutanish shelves that are rated for 1200 per shelf (evenly
> distributed). The ones I had that are labeled as such were offbrand, and
> look a lot like the Gorilla Rack "home storage rack" I bought at Walmart
> for $30 or 40 a few months ago and couldn't find again at that price...
> http://www.buychoice.com/buychoice/gorillaracks/ has some similar product
> (and free shipping)... just found them when searching for the gorilla rack
> web site which seems to be broken.

The most heavy-duty shelves I've seen lately have been the ones you can
get at Home Depot for around $60 - they consist of a steel "frame" and
composite/plywood shelves that sit on top of the frame to make the actual
shelves.  These are HEAVY, and I dont think I have anything that would
stress them.  They're like a smaller version of the big orange shelves
that Home Depot uses in the store.

(they're painted green, afaik)

Bill

--