[SunRescue] Re: OT: Good source for wire shelving...

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Oct 18 00:52:24 CDT 2000

I thought I heard a "Ken Hansen" say:

> AFAIK = Guess ;^)
>
> I seem to recall the shipping label reported a weight of about 60 pounds,
> but I am certainly willing to stand corrected...

The 21" monitors we're getting these days from our Sun VAR have a box
labelled weight of 81 pounds, I think. They weigh about the same as a
Tatung 220R/60R server... 8 Excedrin :-)

I have some orangutanish shelves that are rated for 1200 per shelf (evenly
distributed). The ones I had that are labeled as such were offbrand, and
look a lot like the Gorilla Rack "home storage rack" I bought at Walmart
for $30 or 40 a few months ago and couldn't find again at that price...
http://www.buychoice.com/buychoice/gorillaracks/ has some similar product
(and free shipping)... just found them when searching for the gorilla rack
web site which seems to be broken.

I don't think I have anything that will outgrow that soon. The trick is
going to be moving 8 servers from the plastic Home Depot shelving to this
without disconnecting anything important (extremities included).

--Rob

   "And when somebody knows you well Well, there's no comfort like that
  And when somebody needs you Well, there's no drug like that" -- heather nova