[SunRescue] Replacing hard drives on a Sparcstation IPX

TomYarrishtom at yarrish.com TomYarrishtom at yarrish.com
Tue Oct 17 21:59:23 CDT 2000

Hey all (yes, it's me with another IPX question),
This one should be easy.  How the !@#$%&^* do you get the hard drive out of a Sparcstation IPX (meaning the main unit with the CPU)?  It's got this brace in here which prevents the drive from being lifted out, and I can't see any way to get the cover off to slide the damn thing out.  I want to swap the drive out with a new SCSI drive I just got.
Also, on the same point, I have an external drive unit (Model 411) which I want to replace the drive on as well.  I can't figure out how to open the thing up.
If anyone could lend some assistance, or at least tell me if there's documentation on how to do this online (I've been searching Google without success), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time,
Tom