[SunRescue] SBUS Audio...

MikeHebeldruaga at pmail.net MikeHebeldruaga at pmail.net
Tue Oct 17 11:48:02 CDT 2000

Actually my inner geek kicked me into calling them.  The person I spoke to
said that they have been long since discontinued and that their boss has
pointy hair and does not update the website. *LOL*

However she did mention that the reason that they could not be used in the
older systems was that they, somehow, took the place of /dev/audio in the
systems and that there was something different about the older cakebox
systems that they wouldn't work in.  My guess is SBUS speed or maybe the AMD
sound dev couldn't be disabled the way they wanted it to.

However she will keep her eye out for me to see if one of them floats by her
from old stock.  I'd be curious just to see if I couldn't make it work.

Mike Hebel