FW: mp3 on IPX (was [SunRescue] BSD Questions)

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Tue Oct 17 11:02:01 CDT 2000

I've seen these before, they wanted $60 for one when I saw them though...

These would be useful for anyone who wants to "load" a PCMCIA HD for, say, a
SPARCbook laptop or for adding a fast 56K modem to an old Sun SBUS box.
Other uses would be for the one supported 2 M (I think) WaveLAN cards on a
desktop machine.

Additional network interfaces can be added as well without too much work, I
would imagine. Solaris supports PCMCIA adapters, and I think the Ultra 5's
had PCMCIA slots, didn't they?

Ken