FW: mp3 on IPX (was [SunRescue] BSD Questions)

MartinFrostmartin at dsres.com MartinFrostmartin at dsres.com
Tue Oct 17 10:12:49 CDT 2000

Mike Hebel wrote:

> I think I'm going to hang a big SCSI drive off of the back of this box,
> replace the 8-bit audio with something else.  (I think there are some
> SBUS sound cards out there somewhere.)  Then I can just load a few hours
> worth of music on it and let it play. :-)

I've never heard of an SBus sound card, and it's sure to be more
expensive than an LX, which comes with a much faster CPU and
16-bit stereo PCM audio... It'll even take the IPX RAM as long
as it's 60ns and you have matched pairs.

I've seen LX bases as low as $55.

[memo to self: must finish the jukebox system before New Year party]

--m