[SunRescue] BSD Questions

MikeHebeldruaga at pmail.net MikeHebeldruaga at pmail.net
Mon Oct 16 09:09:43 CDT 2000

Most songs come out "ok" and the IPX seems to work nicely for background
music.  Having the external speaker cable and speakers helps.

The biggest thing is the sample rate at which the mp3 in question has been
recorded at.  The 128k(?) samples play too slowly most of the time but the
44k(?) ones play fine.  (Forgive the ? marks but I have not had coffee yet.)

The low overhead of NetBSD on the IPX helps.  <joke>Seti at home and mp3's
don't mix.</joke>

I'm going to try playing them on Solaris 7 on my SS2, 64meg, non-PowerUp
system and see what I get.

Mike Hebel

Note: Any mistakes in the above message are due to lack of caffeine in the
author's system and are to be taken with large cups of coffee if not a grain
of salt.