[SunRescue] alpha question

Stout Stout
Mon Oct 16 08:09:47 CDT 2000

a question for those in the know about alpha's, particularly, alpha 600
5/266 models.
I have managed to render my alpha unable to be booted, and have been advised
to boot it with a serial console on it.

So, after trying it using the same default settings that work on a sun box
(and indeed even tried the setup, to make sure that the serial console
works, both on a router, (which happens to use the same settings) and a
sparc 5). Nonetheless, I cannot seems to get any output whatsover. the last
stupid thing I did to this machien, was type "nt" and hit enter, at the srm
prompt. If anyone knows for sure what the might have done, and more
importantly, what to do to reverse it, please let me know.

Logan Stout