[SunRescue] OT: Good source for wire shelving...

Tim Harrison harrison at timharrison.com
Fri Oct 13 11:24:01 CDT 2000

Ken Hansen wrote:

> I also got a great deal on a new desk in their AS-IS area - a $100 desk for
> $70 (demo, but pretty clean, clean enough for the basement!) that has a big
> top (60" x 32" deep) in a nice maple color. I hope it will hold up my 21"
> Sun monitor - the last table I got now has a significant sag in the middle
> from a Sun 17" monitor that was placed in the middle of an 8 foot long
> folding table. It is quite humorous to look at, IMHO. (I just hope it will
> "bend back" once I take the monitor off it!)

Once those things are fscked, they're fscked. :/

I had one of those formica topped, folding legged desks once.  I had
three monitors on it (a 21" NeXT monitor, 17" DEC monitor, and 15" MAG),
and it simply folded up the wrong way one day. :/  So, I bought a big,
ol' L-shaped desk from Office Depot.  It ended up holding 2 * 21"
monitors, a 15" monitor, my stereo, and now an SGI Indigo.  It's holding
up wonderfully (although, I hear it groan every once in a while when I
lean too hard on it.

http://www.networklevel.com/graphics/tim/desk.jpg (sans SGI)

--

Tim Harrison