[SunRescue] Q: Creator 3D Graphics for SBUS - that much better than Creator 2D?

KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net KenHansenn2vip at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 13 09:24:04 CDT 2000

I was thinking about upgrading my framebuffer in my Ultra2 (because I can,
not that I need to...), and I was wondering if there is a significant
difference between the two frambuffers?

The machine is used for general server stuff, and dual boots Linux/Solaris.
I have no complaints about the graphics ability of the system as is, but I
wonder if the upgrade makes a difference...

Prices I have seen have the Creator (2D) for about $75, the Creator 3D for
about $150+ (used).

I have a Creator Series Ultra2, so I know the machine can handle the card...

Thanks in advance,

Ken