[SunRescue] OT: Good source for wire shelving...

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 13 09:14:46 CDT 2000

Yesterday I went to our local IKEA furnature store and got some very nice
shelving for use with my *large* collection of systems, thought I'd pass
along the tip...

IKEA offers six and a half foot (2 meters) high by four foot wide (1.25
meters?) by 18 inches deep (1/2 meter) wire fram shelving with four shelves
for $64.95. Additional shelves are only $12 more, and they come in either
black or galvanized steel. This is part of their OMAR line...

I bought two units, and four additional shelves, and will have a wall of
systems up this weekend.

I think that is a great deal, and if you need shelving and happen to live
near an IKEA showroom you might want to check it out... (They *do not,*
AFAIK, ship anything outside a normal delivery area around their showrooms.)

I also got a great deal on a new desk in their AS-IS area - a $100 desk for
$70 (demo, but pretty clean, clean enough for the basement!) that has a big
top (60" x 32" deep) in a nice maple color. I hope it will hold up my 21"
Sun monitor - the last table I got now has a significant sag in the middle
from a Sun 17" monitor that was placed in the middle of an 8 foot long
folding table. It is quite humorous to look at, IMHO. (I just hope it will
"bend back" once I take the monitor off it!)

HTH,

Ken