[SunRescue] SS2 HostID question...

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Thu Oct 12 14:36:45 CDT 2000

I think I asked this once before because the nvram FAQ
(www.squirrel.com/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html) had no answers for me.  Is
there any way to find out the original hostid of a Sun box?  Does Sun have
any info on this?

The Reason:  I might be getting my office to pay for a very simple but
powerful 2D CAD package for my home SS2 (to do network layout and such) but
the license is based on the hostid and I know I bombed my NVRAM settings at
least once on my SS2.  I'm sure I will conflict with someone in their
database if I give them 80:20:57:C0:FF:EE. ;-)

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel