[SunRescue] Linux framebuffer support

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Thu Oct 12 10:49:55 CDT 2000

>From www.dictionary.com :

frame buffer

<hardware> Part of a video system in which an image is stored, pixel by
pixel and which is used to refresh a raster image. The term "video memory"
suggests a fairly static display whereas a frame buffer holds one frame from
a sequence of frames forming a moving image.

Frame buffers are found in frame grabbers and time base correction systems,
for example.

(1997-10-03)

Mike Hebel