[SunRescue] Ultra 1 and 24 bit color (the "e"?)

MikeNicewongertwmaster at twmaster.com MikeNicewongertwmaster at twmaster.com
Wed Oct 11 22:27:41 CDT 2000

> I apologize, as I'm sure this has been asked before...
>
> On the "non-creator" Ultra 1 machines, how does one upgrade to 24 bit
color?

Very hard to do, near impossible.

> And exactly what does the "e" mean in a machine like the 170e?

My understanding the "E" is for Enterprise. What that means is the two
biggest differences, 1 being the 24 bit color of using the Creator boards in
the UPA slot. Another is 10/100 Ethernet as opposed to 10 Mbps, and the next
big one is Fast/Wide SCSI as opposed to Fast/Narrow SCSI.

Hope that helps,

Mike N