[SunRescue] Stupid Questions about IPX's and stuff

berserko berserko at thb.on.ca
Wed Oct 11 15:08:26 CDT 2000

I've came into possession of 2 Sun IPXs and have got a couple questions I hope
this list can help.

One IPXs has emotional issues:

On start up I get:

FAILURE: INTR (f3000000) Interrupt Level 10 Failure

I'm thinking this has something to do with RAM I've ran both 1x33 and 1x36
simms in it to no avail so maybe the board in this is dead any suggestions?

My other sun is working just nicely. But I got an Integrix TGX 220 Video card
given to me (I've heard this is a pretty sweet card) When I toss it in the IPX
I get no video (I'm only using serial console though just until it can get my
sun keyboard here from ebay) so is it that because I'm running serial it
doesn't work or does the onboard CG6 need to be disabled before I run the TGX?
or is this card not compatible with my IPX? is the card dead? Also on that
note there are 2 jumpers on my IPX board what do those do? I wouldn't mind
knowing before I go fiddling with them and the Sun hardware FAQ didn't say
anything about those jumpers. While I'm being the quiz master would anyone
know of a site online (preferably in Canada) where I can buy an Internal
Female Differential SCSI terminator everywhere I've looked till now have had
external male terminators and that just won't do :)

Thanks for your  help in advance...

Tim