[SunRescue] Weitek PowerUp Question

KurtMosiejczukkurt at csh.rit.edu KurtMosiejczukkurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Oct 11 12:22:27 CDT 2000

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Al Potter wrote:

> Leave it in the 2 and transplant the other components into it.
>
> The 2 will be marginally faster than an IPX (more hardware contexts) and has
> the space for a 2d internal drive.
>

> AL

But the IPX is so much cuter than the 2 =)

I suppose I could move all the stuff over, I have other 2s that I
figured I'd put the chip in, while my other 2s are all good, I
suspect this one without a power supply has been out of service for
some time and I'd bet it's NVRAM is dead too.  At that point, pulling
the Weitek seems easier than moving power supply, ram ,drives, NVRAM, etc.

--Kurt