[SunRescue] Pulling an NVRAM chip

jeffborischjeff at sonicrim.com jeffborischjeff at sonicrim.com
Wed Oct 11 10:47:06 CDT 2000

Hi Stephen,

I've used an L-shaped dental pick type tool to get under the two short sides
and gradually pry it out of the socket. The best way is to do each side just
a hair at a time so you don't bend the pins. It is a little tight in an
IPX--I think I had to take the spaeker out of its slot on the side of the
case to get the tool in.

This tool also works great for pulling 30 pin simms.

Best,
Jeffrey