[SunRescue] OT B.O.S

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Wed Oct 11 08:45:01 CDT 2000

> The only thing I know about Bull (and their "tree"-logo?), is they
> atleast used to sell rebadged IBM RS/6000 systems. An old friend of mine
> used to work there a couple of years ago.
> Looked like ordinary IBM systems, just with a new logo...

They also sold rebadged Zenith 486/33 64mb Intel motherboard towers
that make great little scsi unix boxes.  I run one at home.  Built
like a battleship, and twice as heavy, but it runs forever.  I bought
one for 5 bucks in MooU surplus, and run FreeBSD on it.  Good iron
for that use.

Anyone got a spare Multics tape?  If so, donate it to the PDP-11
UNIX Preservation Society as a historical precursor of UNIX.
After all, UNIX got started when Multics pooped out on them.

A little off topic, but while we are threading the rescue of off topic
ditties.... anyone in NC got a spare MicroVAX II, or anyone in the
US got some spare boards for one?  I need a boardset for some testing
of some VAXbits.

Thanks

Bob