[SunRescue] Solaris

SethDunehewsdunehew at medicalmatrix.com SethDunehewsdunehew at medicalmatrix.com
Tue Oct 10 16:36:17 CDT 2000

Just a few questions:

What's a good price for a type 5 keyboard/mouse or type 5 country kit?

Where do I get the media for Solaris?  I looked at the SunStore, but $75.00
for shipping seemed steep, and I really want to run 2.6, or 2.7.  I have a
SS10 so I don't imagine that Solaris 8 will break any land speed records on
it.  I've seen them show up on ebay, but the prices seem to go way to high.

I want to run Oracle for Solaris, which requires at least Solaris 2.6 to
run.

What is the licensing deal with Solaris, if Solaris 8 is free, what about
earlier releases.

What is the best source for older SCSI CD-ROMs and hard drives, is there a
good online place.

This list has been great for help and advice.  My wife is still a little
apprehensive about the list.  Now I've found a group that truly appreciates
cool computers.

I still want a NeXT cube, and Cray Sparc system, and a Sequent NUMA-Q
system.  She has stipulated that I can't run anything other than 110v AC at
the house, no 220 or 480 3-Phase, which may limit me a little.

Thanks

Seth Dunehew