[SunRescue] External disk boxes - a stupid question :-)

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Oct 10 15:11:19 CDT 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, David Cantrell wrote:

> Please don't laugh.  I have here an external disk enclosure, part no
> 595-2152-01.  Inside it is a crappy little disk - 200 or 400Mb, I forget
> which.  I want to replace it with a 9Gb disk.  But I can not see how to
> open the box.  Any help would be greatfully appreciated.  And I'll be
> embarrassed too, no doubt :-)

Is it okay that I laugh because I've had the same troubles before? =)

This is one of those questions that everyone thinks they'll be embarassed
to hear the answer, but it's totally non-intuitive, ESPECIALLY when you
look at how easy most other Sun hardware is to open.

I'm sure there are probably 2 or 3 responses flying already, but here's
mine.  There are catches about an inch from the back on the left and
right sides.  I remember it as the third whole down in the fifth row.

o o o
 o o
o o o
 o o
o o o <- This is the one (looking at the left side)
 o o
o o o
 o o
o o o