[SunRescue] Re: NeXT antics and sounds

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Oct 10 13:29:08 CDT 2000

I thought I heard a "Tim Harrison" say:

> Reagen Ward wrote:
>
> > May only have been pre-3.3, but if your NeXTPrinter ran out of paper or was
> > jammed, she would say "Your printer is out of paper" and "Paper is jammed in
>
> I never noticed those before (most likely because I don't have a NeXT
> printer -- yet).
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (my wife is ready to throw
> the sound box out the window right now).

One of my best friends... the guy who got me into Linux and amateur radio
(separately)... was an administrator for a NeXT box at Notre Dame in
Indiana. He logged in remotely once and started the "out of paper" message
while the owner of the office it was in was there, and said owner
apparently ran around in circles trying to find paper for the printer...
until he discovered he didn't have a printer in the first place.

It was probably karma that I paged him once with 867-5309 and he spent
half an hour trying to figure out where the number was located in
Indianapolis (I guess it was Westfield actually). Even wrote the number on
the wall to remember it. Two weeks later, it only took him 10 minutes to
figure out who to threaten to kill.

Poor Jenny.

--Rob

   "And when somebody knows you well Well, there's no comfort like that
  And when somebody needs you Well, there's no drug like that" -- heather nova