[SunRescue] WANTED: sun3 gear

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Oct 6 21:13:21 CDT 2000

I don't imagine this will be useful to you since your need is for kernel
development, but I'll extend the offer just in case...

I have both a 3/80 and a 3/280 (essentially same hw as 3/260, IIRC). The
3/280 has CG3, SCSI, 2nd ethernet adapter, and even a multi-port serial
board (sorry, don't have the P/Ns handy).

I am unfortunately not willing to part with these items, but I could
certainly make available a shell account and whatever SW you need. I have
permanent 'net connection, so it would be available 24/7. Currently the 280
is not run very often due to it heating up my apartment something fierce,
but since winter is nearly here, I could open all the windows and probably
get by!

If this is useful to you, let me know and we'll set something up. Also, I
am interested in helping with the development of the sun3x port (I presume
that's what you're working on), but I don't have docs on a darn thing. If
there's some code I can help with, let me know. I have a fair amount of
low-level OS programming experience.

--Adam