[SunRescue] Solaris TCP weirdness...

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Oct 6 15:44:57 CDT 2000

I figure people here might know this so I'll throw it out.
Got a site whose ISP is being flaky and dropping 10-30% of
packets (as determined by a ping -s).  This obviously would
cause performance problems.

The weird part is, the Solaris 2.6 machines, a windows laptop
and one of the Solaris 7 machines seem to work in spite of
this.  However, the other Solaris 7 machines cannot maintain
an FTP session.  Often not even able to establish the ftp
session, never mind transfer files.

Now, my first thought was there must be some issue with Solaris
7 that 2.6 and Windoze aren't succumbing too, but then we found
one of the 7 machines that could ftp.  *sigh*  I thought maybe
it was a patch issue, but while none are "up to date", the
7 machine that is "working" is less up to date than the other 7
machines.  Ugh.

Any thoughts?

--Kurt