[SunRescue] 4/330 board replace a 4/110 board?

jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com
Fri Oct 6 15:14:58 CDT 2000

   A summary of chassis types, off the top of my head:

2/50,3/75 -- two-slot VME pizzabox
x/x10 -- three-slot VME, almost a pizzabox but shares the in-one-end
         out-the-other cooling style of larger VME chassis
x/x20 -- nine-slot Multibus chassis, deskside tower
x/x30 -- weird VME chassis with three 9U slots and then some 6U and 3U
         slots as well; was also used for a Sun-2 VME chassis, maybe
         12-slot rackmount?
3/140 -- an anomaly, same chassis as x10 but the designation 3/110 was
         already taken by the mutant 3/100 CPU with color framebuffer onboard
         in this chassis, so a plain 3/100 motherboard in this chassis
         became a 3/140 instead
x/x50 -- six-slot VME chassis
x/x60 -- twelve-slot VME chassis, deskside tower
x/x70 -- fifteen-slot Multibus chassis, rackmount; later reused for a
         VME chassis
x/x80 -- twelve-slot VME chassis, rackmount
x/x90 -- sixteen-slot VME chassis, rackmount

   I know the x70 was a VME chassis, but I've never seen one and don't
remember the specs on it.

   --James B.