[SunRescue] Re: Solaris for PowerPC

RobertNovakrnovak at indyramp.com RobertNovakrnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Oct 4 10:46:34 CDT 2000

I thought I heard a "Hatle, Steven J." say:

> If you get any hits on this, let me know. I've got a Motorola PPC box I'd
> love to try Solaris on.
>
> This subject has come up before, but I don't think the software has ever
> been found.

You'll never guess what I came across at a recent swap meet (just last
month, in fact)... I'd never seen PPC Solaris before, although I'd heard
about it, and now in one of these boxes in my apartment is a
shrink-wrapped copy of it.

What I didn't tell my girlfriend is that this means the Alphastation isn't
my last computer (don't mention that Multia that came in either)... now I
need a PPC box to run Solaris on. :-)

I'll keep my eyes out for extra copies; I know one of the vendors at the
swaps out here usually has a pile of Solaris boxes, and I'll see if any
more of them are PPC.

--Rob

   "And when somebody knows you well Well, there's no comfort like that
  And when somebody needs you Well, there's no drug like that" -- heather nova