[SunRescue] WANTED: big VME chassis in UK

MartinFrostmartin at dsres.com MartinFrostmartin at dsres.com
Tue Oct 3 11:04:42 CDT 2000

I'm looking for one or two big (6 or more 9U slots) VME chassis,
preferably in the UK, and preferably within about five hours's
drive of London.

I think the Sun parts I want are the x50, x60, x70, x80, or x90
chassis.

(It's really irritating seeing these being given away and dumped
in the US, when they are so hard to find in the UK!)

Does anyone know if it's possible to jumper the backplanes on
the bigger cases to run both a 4/600 and a 3/200, each with
two memory boards, in the same case? I know there are often
multiple P2 buses, and I was wondering what is possible...

I can swap for stuff, pay cash, or just take it off your hands
if it's filling up space...

Mail me off-list if anyone has anything suitable.

Thanks.

--m