[SunRescue] more sun toys :)

=?iso-8859-1?q?kebabthesheep?=kebabthesheep at yahoo.com =?iso-8859-1?q?kebabthesheep?=kebabthesheep at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 08:18:40 CDT 2000

Yesterday, on my way home from visiting my parents in
deepest, darkest yorkshire, I stopped off at
sheffield, and collected a: sparcStation 330 (4/330) a
4/110, an IPC (stuffed) and a very stuffed sparc2.

My question - the sparc2 had a 370-1370 in it, which
is a triple sbus slot double (back-to-back) board
graphics adaptor.  Web searchs reveal it is a (SG?) 24
bit 3D accelerator board for the sparc2. It is marked
'matrox' and does not appear in any sun ref guides I
can find.

Anybody got the techno low down on it?  And what
software supports it ? Anything free like netbsd yet?
And, has anybody managed to get it to work as the
console?  My old monitor (I think GDM-2016 or
something - I forget now) won't sync, maybe the prom's
refresh rate is too high?

In short, it's NOT a ZX, what is it? If it's any good,
then i'll max out the ram in the sparc2, slap a power
uP in it, and make me a 3D graphics machine :)

Dave.  Who now has over ten different working suns -
but still has a way to go, to get em all.  >:->

p.s. I wish I lived in the US sometimes - I would have
rescued one of them there 3/260's and I would spend
all my time off camped outside the surplus stores
waiting for the next toy to arrive...