[SunRescue] Rescued SS10

SethDunehewsdunehew at medicalmatrix.com SethDunehewsdunehew at medicalmatrix.com
Mon Oct 2 17:14:15 CDT 2000

I am the proud owner of a Sparcstation 10.  Being new to the Sun hardware
realm I have a few questions.

What type of Hard drives can I use in this system?  Is it SCSI-2, narrow?
What kind of external drive cases will work with it?

What type of mouse/keyboard? Type 5?

What is the quickest/easiest/cheapest add a CD-ROM to the system?

I want to put a small practice Oracle database on it.  I know it will crawl,
so maybe more CPUs, RAM.  It has 64Mb and since I will only be practicing
DBA tasks and backup/recovery on it.

I got it solely to gain familiarity in using the Solaris/Oracle thing.  I've
done DBA work for 2 years, and Unix sysadmin for 4 years.

Thanks for the help.

Seth Dunehew