[SunRescue] good news

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Oct 2 17:09:53 CDT 2000

harrison at timharrison.com writes:

>Kurt Huhn wrote:

>> of the house.  Let me state for the record though, that the absence of a
>> basement truly SUCKS.

>The absence of a house sucks.  Living in an apartment is not conducive
>to collecting. :(

My last home was a mill space, complete with loading dock, freight
elevator, wide hallways & doorways. I had my RS/6000 server in the
original oversized IBM rack with all the panels, etc. It was beautifull.
Then there was a fire in the building, and we all got kicked out.
When I moved to my current 3rd floor loft apartment, I had to abandon
two full-height racks, and my DECwriter. (The IBM is now spread out
across three short racks.)

But me & my friends rent mill space for our main collection, so
if I get offered a mainframe, it can go there.

-------- David Fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- www.cca.org --------
"Beauty is only skin-deep. It's what's underneath that really matters."
                                             - traditional cannibal saying