[SunRescue] way offtopic: concrete stain!

ReagenWardward at zilla.nu ReagenWardward at zilla.nu
Mon Oct 2 12:40:41 CDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 01:35:36PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Actually, due to the previous owner's pets (and their apparent lack of
> cleanliness) the house was full of fleas.  We removed all the carpets in the
> living room and bedrooms, then bug-bombed the house twice before moving in.

The previous owners of our house smoked for 15 years, and I don't think they
ever vacuumed.  You can guess how nasty that was.

> What was left on the floor after removing the carpets was asbestos tile -
> and I wasn't going to try and remove it, not with two small kids in the
> house.  The experts we talked to said that the Pergo flooring would be more
> than sufficient to encapsulate the tile and contain the asbestos.

My folks have asbestos tile in their kitchen.  The general ruling is that it's a
non-friable asbestos, and is thus safe if it's not damaged or badly disturbed,
so I'd imagine that with the floating pergo you're more than safe.

Reagen