[SunRescue] Ugh. Please read.

Christopher Klein C.Klein at scm.brad.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 13:59:04 CST 2000

Ive regularly used Sunhelp for over a year since my interest in proper
computers took hold, and I got hold of some really old Sun 3 stuff and
some newer 4's.
I personally think that a site such as this is doing a bloody good service
by giving interesting and invaluable information to hobbyists that keep
both old equipment alive, and more often than not are involved in the
newer side of Suns equipment. If, and heaven forbid, they put enough
pressure on to close the site down they'd effectively be shooting
themselves in the foot. With so many contenders in the market place, hell
you'd think Sun would be happy with having a group of avid followers
singing Suns praises. I dont have to use sun equipment, none of us have to, I dont have to use their OS and software, and it would'nt take too
much to use another.
If sun are flexing their muscles then all I can say is they are mighty big
fools. If their web site was up to scratch and had easily accesibly
information on old products good samaritans like Bill wouldnt have to give
up their time in creating sites such as Sunhelp. Thinking about it, they
are probably jealous, Sunhelp: nice looking informative website, Sun.com:
Oh look lets make more money and forget our roots.
All I can say in conclusion is if Sunhelp went, it would be a HUGE loss to
the sun users community, and I think only then would Sun realise their
mistake. You have my backing, and feel free to put this in your support
page.

Message to Sun. It is not only big corporations with experts and millions
of $ that buy and use SUN equip. Do not remove our friend Sunhelp.
Let us have the Sun colors back, let us have the Sunhelp Logo back, what
inthe hell have you really got to lose?????? Just think abou it!!!!