[SunRescue] RE: [Sunhelp] Ugh. Please read.

Garten, David N., CTR, OSD/P&R GartenD at PR.OSD.MIL
Thu Mar 30 12:28:42 CST 2000

You know, folks that understand *nix workstations are the one that want to
buy them.  The number of folks that grok Solaris and Sparc is growing in
direct proportion to the hits Bill has gotten on the site.  Sun isn't
training them...Bill is.  Who does Mr McNealy think will use his boxes if
every soul on earth has to walk away from years of experiential learning in
M$lop and then get up to speed on Solaris from a dead stop?  Bill has helped
build a generation of Solaris sysadmins with this site.  Sun could give away
Solaris forever and not get anywhere without this kind of information and
insight into the "affordable" Sparcs.  Its this "self trained" user base
that has given Mr Gates the power he so ably wields (except when Justice is
staring over his shoulder).

Dave Garten

	SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org
Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org