[SunRescue] Hotswap drive trays

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Mar 30 11:19:56 CST 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Jonathan Katz wrote:

> Now, if someone could find me the 8 drive tray/brackets I need for my SGI
> Challenge L Vault..... (It's a pretty cool dual-channel UW/diff SCSI box
> whih supports hot-swap and all that jazz.) ... if someone could find me
> the UW/diff SCSI disks cheap, too, that would be a help =)

It's rated for fast/wide (10MHz), not ultra (20MHz).  You may be able to
push it but things may get marginal at high speed.

You can also use wide/SE disks in one with the proper sleds, and you can
mix the two on the same controller (SE sleds autoconvert to diff).  SGI
did some pretty neat things with the vaults.

-James