[SunRescue] 690MP questions

Eric Randall randall at csonline.net
Thu Mar 30 11:47:33 CST 2000

I picked up a 690MP just the other day.  I stuck a single slot gx
framebuffer in one of the SBUS slots on the main board thinking this
would automatically be used as
the console.  The machine fires up, the roaring of the fans, the wierd
blinking/marquee leds are flashing and doing strange things,  etc., but
the monitor just blinked once, then nothing.  Can someone tell me what I
should be doing (besides pulling my head out)?   I've been having a hard
time finding information on this machine as well. The hardware FAQ seems
to not have as much on the 4/6xx machines.  The sun docs site has
apparently retired any information regarding these.  Thanks for any
suggestions.