[SunRescue] [non-sun] need Mac parts!

Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com
Thu Mar 30 08:00:36 CST 2000

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Would not having that module cause screen artifacts/garbage when I try to
> select > 256 colors with the control panel?

>>You shouldn't see any options in the Monitors control panel for
>>resolutions/depths you can't support.

Incorrect. http://til.info.apple.com.  See article number 24858.  They only
(within about a year) have idiot proofed being able to put the video
circuitry into a resolution that the on-board(built-in or card) will
support but that the monitor will not.  It's quite easy to screw this up,
even now. :D

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org