[SunRescue] SparcStation ELC monitor brightness problem

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Wed Mar 29 14:42:45 CST 2000

What I did is this:

Removed the case
carefully examined the wiring to determine which ones went to the tube
got a plastic screwdriver and cranked the various rheostats (sp) until I
found the ones that control black and brightness.

It is *extremely* important to use a plastic screwdriver, or some other
non-conductive material, unless you like looking like Tim Allen.  I did this
with the power on so that I could see the results of each twist.  This is
probably flirting with disaster, but it worked for me and gave great
results.  YMMV of course, and it all depends on the condition of the tube
and the abuse that it's seen over the last 10 or so years.

I could probably create a How-To if there's some interest.  Then Bill can
put it up on Sunhelp for the rest of the world to see.

Kurt