[SunRescue] Pictures of office (better late than never...)

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Tue Mar 28 15:46:33 CST 2000

> Are you talking about the blue one?  That's an SGI Indy.

Bing bing bing we have winner!

> Another question: in the
> http://junior.apk.net/~havoc/images/lab/current/stackopizza.jpg
> pic what's the top case?

HP 712/80, currently for auction at auctions.workstations.org (shameless
plug)

> Also what's the black thing on the top of the external box in the
> http://junior.apk.net/~havoc/images/lab/current/morestack.jpg
> pic?

Ahh, that stack belongs to a friend.  The top item in question is some sort
of MilSpec external harddrive, I would hazard a guess it's an ESDI drive
from the number of cables on the back.  The friend in question collects
cold-war era memorabilia for his own private collection.  He's got a really
neat bright yellow geiger counter, and all kinds of other oddball military
gear.  It's a collection in progress...

BTW, beneath the black disk box and the Sun 611 case is a bare Tatung
CompStation 20 chassis.  No processor, just floppy, mobo, power supply.
Anybody interested?  Make me an offer, the owner is getting ready to sell it
in favor of an actual bare SS20 chassis (Speaking of which, anybody got a
bare SS20 chassis to sell?).

> One final question - Are all those blue items in the crypt closet CD-ROMs?
> If so why are they blue and where did you happen to pick them up?

Hrmm, blue items?  If you're referring to the various clusters of beige &
teal small plastic items, they're Digital StorageWorks Storage Building
Blocks (SBBs), for use with Digital's exteremly nice storage system.  I've
got a bunch of that stuff up for sale in the "Miscellanous Storage" category
at auctions.workstations.org as well (another shameless plug)

> BTW: Kewl basement.  Mine is bigger but much messier. ;-)

Thanks, it will be even cooler when I actually get to tear it apart and
remodel it into my office.  We've only been in the house for about a year
now, the "lab" is a room one level up from the basement (the house is a
side-by-side split level, 4 levels total).  Oh, and that's really only 2/3rd
of the basement anyway, the other side of the wall the closet is on is
laundry, storage, and equipment space.

Chris