[SunRescue] SPARCbook 2 OS

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 27 08:13:21 CST 2000

> Okay, now I'll rephrase my question... =)
>
> Does anyone know about the SPARCbook 2?  I used to be a previous
> owner of a 3GX, but I'm not too familiar with the 2.

The SB2 is a fair machine.  It needs Solaris 1.1.1B and will ONLY run
Solaris 1.1.1B... period.

> Also, is the mouse sort of keyboard based?

Uses a standard Type 4 or 5 keyboard and mouse out the back.  The
onboard mouse is the little set of keys marked with pointers.
It is a waste to run X on it.  Use it cmdline mode only, IMHO.

> I might be lucky and still have my Solaris 2.3 Tadpole edition, but
> is anyone else here unfortunate enough to have a copy? =)

Nope, won't run on the SB2.  Sorry.

Good LUck...

Bob