[SunRescue] Newbie with an IPX

MMJ macmanjim at powerpcpro.com
Fri Mar 24 19:17:48 CST 2000

I recently bought an IPX on ebay. It has 32 MB of ram and an  400 MB HD.
ROM version is 2.3. When i boot it up, it says something about a missing
magic number and can't find sun disk label. I made a boot floppy from the
boot32.img (redhat 6.1), but when I hit enter, it says it can't find the
partition on the floppy. I am at a loss. I have some experience with Linux
and FreeBSD as well tons of experience with the Macintosh platform, but this
is the most proprietary box I have ever seen. I am buying the Redhat 6.1
distribution and I am looking for a suitable CDROM. I have tons of drives
from the Mac side, and my other question is will they work with the Sun?
Also, I got a type 5 keyboard on ebay, and used a din 8 cable from a Mac,
but the  computer doesn't recognize the keyboard and boots to tty a. I
hooked up a dumb terminial so I could see what was going on. Any help would
be appreciated.
regards,
jim