[SunRescue] I-opener

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 24 10:57:38 CST 2000

Check out the news releases (under investor relations) on the netpliance
website.  They state that all they do not believe the modifications to the
I-Opener have hurt thier bottom line (last sentance) - but they're going to
change the hardware anyway.  Perhaps an exercise in being penny-wise and
dollar-dumb?

As it is, I've decided not to get one anyway.  This has nothing to do with
thier draconian measures, but more with the amount of fun that can be had
with one.  I apparently don't need another x86 computer around this house -
I have a couple dozen already.  Considering the difficulty in getting one
running, I can easily pull out another x86 laptop that runs faster, has more
RAM, comes with an HD, and is more customizable.  I guess what I'm saying
is, I came to the realization that I already have a $#1T-load of inexpensive
hardware and I don't need anymore.  What I should be doing is filling the
gaps in my hardware collection - like SGI for example, or Alpha, or HP, or,
the list goes on.

Even at $99 there are a lot of things out there that will be much more fun
to play with.  Like a certain piece of SGI hardware waiting for me at Kent's
place.

Check's in the mail, Kent...

Kurt