[SunRescue] The Great Ultra5/10 Cheap ATI FB Search

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Fri Mar 24 10:13:16 CST 2000

I am *Extremely* pleased witht he Permedia2 based board (Fire GL 1000 Pro)
in my Compaq workstation - running NT 4.  I assume that performance under
Solaris (on Sun hardware) would be similar.  If so, keep your PGX32.  As far
as I know, for GL based apps, nothing short of a top-of-line Elsa card could
beat the Permedia2 in the latter half of 1998 and the beginning of 1999.
I'm sure there's something faster now, like the Permedia3 if it exists, but
the experiences  I've had with my Diamond card are very good.

There are versions with 4 and 8 MB onboard (not upgradeable, unfortunately).

Kurt