[SunRescue] Postscript mousepad found!

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 07:05:12 CST 2000

On Wednesday, March 22, 2000 12:53 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> The movement I was able to get was mostly up/down, no side-to-side.  It
> "shook" side to side, but didn't actually travel very much and always
ended
> up back on center.  I could make it go up/down reliably by placing a
plastic
> CD-ROM sleave on top of the paper - but that was the extent of my
success.
> I'm playing with line weight and spacing at this point to see if it makes
> difference.

Don't forget to try rotating the mousepad 90 degrees.  I have no experience
with the .ps-file-on-paper mousepads, but getting a real Sun mousepad 90
degrees "out of phase" will certainly mess up your mouse motion.

Also remember that Type 4 and Type 5 mouse pads are different, and not
interchangeable.  I dunno about Type 3, but I wouldn't be surprised if they
are different again.

-Shel