[SunRescue] SCA brackets and SS20 SM81 question

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 22 02:37:18 CST 2000

Hi everyone,

yesterday I picked up a SS20 for a reasonable price ($450). The config is:
one 1 GB drive, 128Mb memory, SM81, additional TGX, 4x internal CD-ROM.

Now I've got a few questions:
since there is only one drive installed and I've got some more SCA drives
lying around, I'd like to buy a bracket for this somewhere. www.memoryx.com
quotes $25 for it. Is that standard or SUN pricing? Can anyone point me
to a cheaper source?

Also the CPU: module-info at the boot prompt gives me 'MBus: 50 MHz,
SBus: 25 MHz, CPU#0: 75 MHz' (or something similar), whoever the CPU
appears to be a 85MHz type (there is a typecode ending with '-85' on the
CPU). J1401 (for the clock speed) is in the 40/50MHz position.
Any thought on this?

I also got a bare type-5 keyboard. Bare means: no cables or mouse. Is there
a place where I can get these parts cheap?

Cheers,

Maarten