[SunRescue] I-Opener musings

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Wed Mar 22 03:09:45 CST 2000

>Ignore ebay.  Buy one directly from www.netpliance.com.

Good advice - seeing as how the ebay price on some is up over $200US -
pretty good for reselling something you didn't make.  Talk about grey
market...

>They're all still "hackable" - people on ebay are spreading the rumor that
>"new units dont have the IDE port" - in order to try to drive up the
bidding
>prices.  Just ignore ebay altogether and buy a unit straight from the
>maker (like I did this morning; total cost of $147.11 including shipping).

I'll do it then.  This thing is too neat to pass up.
I was just about to submit my CC info to Netpliance when I realized that the
CPU was different - then I saw the "creative" wording on ebay and thought
twice.  Should've trusted my instinct and went ahead with it.

>Check out http://www.i-opener-linux.net/ - one of the best sites for
>the things I've found.

Thanks - already been perusing it.  I've already got a 2.5" HD set aside for
the I-Opener and started gathering other parts for the "evolution" of the
unit.

Kurt
kurthuhn at k-huhn.com