[SunRescue] I-Opener musings

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Wed Mar 22 02:19:47 CST 2000

Okay all,  I've looked into this I-Opener thingy and I'm interested.
However, I notice that there seem to be two versions floating around - the
original 180Mhz and a later one running at 200Mhz.  Any ads I see on ebay
are for the 180Mhz version, and are touted as being "the hackable one" - as
if the 200Mhz version isn't.

Now the question - is the current I-Opener (200Mhz) still hackable?  Has
Netpliance implemented some sort of hack-proofing?  I want to grab one to
hack into - but if the damn thing isn't hackable, I'll pass.

Kurt
kurthuhn at k-huhn.com