[SunRescue] VME Based Sun Workstation

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sat Mar 18 21:09:42 CST 2000

Where are you at?  VME Chassis (even the smallish x30 ones) are pretty huge
and expensive to ship.

[snip]
> Are they used for Artificial Intelligence?  What exactly is
> Lisp used for?

I usually use lisp to call a "shovel" a "thovel", but that's just me. :-)
Both Emacs and Sawmill use lisp extensively for scripting.

> I've always wanted something of mainframe or supercomputer power (not
> nessecarily current),
> don't quite know exactly why...

If only I'd had 16K when those CS6400 had come up, that would have been a
really cool mainframe.  Of course, you could call whatever workstation you
use "super computer power", if it had been available 10 years eariler.  :)
	Greg