[SunRescue] SS20 CD-rom issues?

Jonathan Katz jkatz at in.net
Fri Mar 17 17:18:16 CST 2000

> If is really is a 3401, look at the circuit board that pokes out of the rear of the drive near the scsi connector.  It has two solder blob looking thingies that actually look like:

INTERESTING! One of the two was cut! The other was solid. What really
gets me is that this CD-ROM booted my IPC, SGI Indy, and IPX w/o
flinching. My 3301 appears to have both cut, however I get a 'Data
exception error' on boot, and am promptly returned to my 'ok' prompt.

I'll give it a shot... it turns out a friend of mine has a spare SS5/20
CD-ROM sitting collecting dust, so I think I'll add that to the system.

Take care, and thanks for the advice!

-Jon