[SunRescue] 'Getting started' questions

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Mar 16 15:11:33 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Scott Newell wrote:

> What I don't want to do is head over and buy the entire pallet, unless I
> know I can move them quickly.  The garage is already full!
>
> I'm in Arkansas.  Assuming no one else has bought any, there are maybe 10
> ss2 and 10 IPX machines available.  If you're interested, shoot me a
> (private) email detailing how many, what kind, how much you'd be willing to
> give, and the min config you'd accept (disk/no disk, fb/no fb, memory/no
> memory).  I'd rather not ship out of the US, but if you're willing to pay
> the freight...
>
> Trades for classic HP and Tek test & measurement gear considered.
>

> thanks,
> newell
>
> ps.
> Cosmetically, they're not pretty.  They all appear to be pretty scratched
> up, and most are dirty and have old inventory tags on them.

I'd be interested in 1 to 2 SS2s and 1 to 2 IPXs (basically, I'd like
one of each, actually two, but if someone else wants some from the limited
supply, I won't deny other people their shot at a cheap Sun :) )

I don't really want to spend more than $25 per machine (not including shipping)
but I'm not too picky about their configuration.  I guess I'd prefer them
to have memory, but the IPXs have FBs built in, and I have extra FBs, so FBs
aren't necessary.  Disks are nice, but optional also.

And if I had classic HP or Tek equipment, I'd be willing to trade, but I
don't :( so I hope money is okay :)

--Kurt