[SunRescue] a bit OT but...

Stou Sandalski tangui-####- at cell2000.net
Thu Mar 16 13:02:09 CST 2000

Its funny that you say this because just yesterday my friend was trying to
convince me that there are subliminal messages in windows. I am actualy
quite shocked that businesses can't see what MS is doing... or maybe don't
want to see... I can't belive that they charge you for teh same product
three times more just because it can support twice the number of processors.
Its appaling that people actualy defend microsoft... the little brown noser
companies that survive only because ms lets them... kind of like those small
colorful fish that travel around with sharks and clean its teeth for food.
I know this is not the list for such discussion but I guess I am sort of
trying to rationalise microsofts actions in my own mind... but it doesn't
work.  Yes I do use windows 2k and ms visual studio but only because I have
to write code for the windows platform.  Oh well ms will meet its maker at
one point or another.

Stou

P.S.
since we were talking about uptime... my database server running linux had
an uptime of 141 days until I had to shut it down to add another proc and
more ram... I can't get more then like 6 days of uptime on my win2k pro box
since after a while of compiling and such it becomes slow and unstable
(maybe the code dev. has something to do with it?)