[SunRescue] using a Sun monitor on two machines

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Mar 15 13:08:52 CST 2000

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 01:34:27PM -0500, Tim Hauber wrote:
> >I guess I should buy a good switch for this - found one at Blackbox, but
> >it is
> >expensive...
> Isn't everything at Blackbox?

I just want to find a good A/B (2 inputs, one output) HD15 SVGA switch, along
with some GOOD shielded cables, that wont cause ghosting or video distortion
when running at high resolution through a video switchbox.  Sure, I can get
an A/B VGA switchbox for $10 and cables for $3 each at Altex locally, but
they're unshielded cables and a cheap switchbox that causes distortion and
ghosting....

I'm finally picking up another PC (with the new job, I can afford it) to play
games on, and I'll be using my GDM20E20 with both...  if I could only get my
hands on one of the PS/2 adapter boxes for a SPARC, I could finally put
everything on a single KVM switch...

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford | mrbill at mrbill.net |